First of all, How often should you brush your hair?
brushing harshly and frequently is bad for the health of your hair, as it can scratch your scalp and damage your hair as well as cause breakage. We brush our hair to distribute the oils evenly, which is also bad. Brushing for styling purposes is ok, but not for the purpose of distributing oil, dry hair is a result of lack of moisture, not oil. excessive brushing is never a good idea.
Different brushes have different effects on the look and the feel of your hair. So. I have made a list of different types of comb/brushes and their functions:
Wide Tooth Comb
What is a Wide Tooth Comb?
Wide tooth combs something I personally recommend using especially for detangling, reducing split ends and gently massaging the scalp. Wide Tooth Comb a type of comb that has large spacing between the teeth of the comb. A wide tooth comb helps detangle the hair more effectively without causing a lot of hair fall.
When your hair is sopping wet from the shower, the last thing you want to do is go at it with your usual hairbrush. The bristles will pull and stretch out your strands, making them weak and easily broken causing split ends and be tangling. Instead, go for a wide tooth comb—it detangles knots without pulling or damaging your hair.
Top 5 Benefits of Wide Tooth Comb:
- Reduced Hair Fall
- Prevents Hair Breakage
- Gentle on Scalp
- Reduces Split Ends
Combing is an important hair care routine and healthy hair is a sign of good combing and proper choice of the comb. Now that you know the benefits of using a wide tooth comb, make sure to add this one to your collection of combs.
What is Paddle Brush?
long haired ladies, this one is for you.
This is my go-to daily brush, if you are like me who like a quick blow out then this is the right brush for you. These brushes are good for normal to thicker hair. Paddle brushes usually have bristles coming out of a soft cushion and are great for massaging the scalp, detangling, and smoothing naturally straight hair.
If you are going to look at the construction of the paddle brush, you will notice that it is a bit wide. The construction helps a lot for penetrating the thick and long hair. It does a miraculous job of straightening the hair. If you want to create a style, then you just need to follow it up with a round brush. If you feel like your hair is thick enough and you would want to lessen the volume and achieve a sleek finish, then a paddle brush is the right choice. with the right use, you will be able to style your hair any way you want to.
Boar Bristle Brush
For generations, boar bristle brushes have been used to help create shiny, healthy hair without styling products. Boar bristle brushes were also a ubiquitous item on dressing tables in the first half of the 20th century. These are the most popular type for hair stylists since they're so good at doing everything and work well on everyone's hair.
Benefits of Boar Bristle Brush
- Naturally conditions hair-the oil produced by the scalp – from the scalp to the end of the hair shaft. A boar bristle brush repairs dry hair and brings out the lustrous shine.
- Help improve hair texture- If you have straight hair, it will add bounce, volume, and shine. If you have curly hair, it will help condition and slightly loosen the curl while conditioning.
- Reduces Frizz-By using a boar bristle brush to lubricate each hair strand with oil, you’ll notice a significant decrease in frizz without wearing your down.
- Stimulates Hair Growth-A boar bristle brush helps stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, which can improve hair growth.
Boar bristle brushes help prevent built-up oil without wearing your hair down. Most women who use this brush find that they can reduce the frequency of their hair washing to every three to five days.
What is a detangling brush?
A detangling brush is a brush that has been specifically designed for hair that gets tangled or knotted easily. This can be common if you have long or voluminous hair. A the detangling brush will allow you to do this without tugging or pulling the hair, and therefore minimizing the damage.
What is Detanglish Brush used for?
Detangling your hair is serious business especially when you step out of the shower. Why? Simple, your hair is at its most delicate when it’s wet. It requires a gentle brush with very wide-spaced bristles, and there are a number of specialty brushes and combs. Investing in one is an excellent idea if you find brushing your hair to be a challenge after showering.
So, what are the benefits of a detangling brush?
There is a whole list of benefits to using a dedicated detangling brush. A few of them are listed below.
- Wet hair friendly – Definitely recommended for someone with curly hair. These brushes are carefully designed to ensure that they glide through the hair, making detangling a smooth, pain-free process.
- Quick and easy – The name defines the way the brush is made with the sole purpose of removing knots and tangles while making the entire process quick and easy.
- Gentle on the hair – It Reduces the amount of pressure applied to your hair and scalp. This brush can help to reduce the damage, hair loss and reduce split ends.
- Great for hair extensions and wigs – Great for someone who wears wigs and hair extensions.
Vented Hair Brush
Vent brushes are literally vented or have spaces between the bristles for air to flow. The bristles/teeth are usually a thick stiff nylon or plastic. This brush is designed to allow hair to dry quickly when partnered with a blow dryer. The teeth of the brush are spaced pretty far apart. Which Allows the centers to create a heated stream of air to flow through the brush and the hair, ensuring high-speed drying and to create volume.
Best Use: A vent brush is a perfect choice for anyone with short to shoulder length hair who needs a quick rough blow-dry or even rough wavy looks.